Manhattan Podiatry Associates, PC
Podiatrists located in Midtown & Downtown, New York, NY
Chronic foot pain can be an indication of a more serious issue. For New York City patients, Manhattan Podiatry Associates offers evaluations and treatment of a variety of foot problems. Here, the doctors will work with patients to find the root cause of the foot pain and the best possible treatment. Visit one of our two locations in Midtown West and Midtown East.
Foot Pain Q & A
What Causes Foot Pain?
Feet carry the weight of a person and are put under great strain each and every day. When pain in the feet becomes a chronic concern many conditions or issues can be to blame such as:
- Gout and arthritis
- Bunions and hammer toes
- Plantar fasciitis
- Flatfeet and fallen arches
- Calluses and corns
- Turf Toe
- Heel spurs
- Stress fractures
- Ingrown toenails
- Nerve Damage
- Broken bones and toes
What Should I Do to Prevent Foot Pain?
There are simple techniques and choices which can help prevent pain, injury, and other issues which include:
- For high arches, choose shoes with a slightly raised heel and arch support.
- Avoid wearing flip-flops too much because they don’t provide enough protection or support.
- Get to or maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear the proper footwear, when exercising or playing sports.
- Avoid high heels and pointed toe shoes because they can put pressure on feet and toes.
- Wear supportive, cushioning shoes, especially if you stand a lot.
- Look at your wet footprints to determine if you have flatfeet or fallen arches and use the proper support.
- Avoid walking around barefoot.
- Avoid cutting the corners of toenails and trim straight across
When Should I See the Doctor?
Contact the podiatrist right away if:
- When you step down, feet are not stable.
- You see observe of infection such as red streaks, pain, swelling, fever, pus, or warmth at the site
- Your foot problem does not improve
- Your foot becomes pale, white, blue, or cold
- You cannot move your foot or stand
- Your foot is twisted or deformed
- Your foot is numb or tingling
- You have bruises which last longer than 14 days
If you experience a foot-related emergency, proceed to the ER or call 911 immediately.
In an effort to minimize out-of-pocket expense, we accept and participate in most managed care and insurance plans. If you have a question about your insurance, or if your plan is not listed below, please call our expert staff. We have a trained full-time insurance coordinator to assist every patient with insurance forms and questions.
Words from our patients
"...the office and exam rooms are clean, the front desk people are always courteous and welcoming and the nurses are super efficient and friendly."
"I'm happy to say that I think my foot problems are behind me and I have Dr. Shapiro and his wonderful staff to thank for that."
"Every appointment the staff was on time and there was no need to wait, which is wonderful when you need to leave work to make a mid-day appt."
"I found Dr. Abramow to be friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and forthcoming about everything involved in my surgery. I would recommend him to a friend..."
"He was incredibly friendly and communicative -- answered all my questions and luckily was able to quickly diagnose my ailment. "
"The doctor took his time and was very good at explaining what was causing the pain in my foot. I would definitely recommend Dr. Landsman to my family and friends!"